Here’s presenting the first part of the Bhutan Series Episode in Paro. I went straight to Paro as first part of my road trip in the country. The drive from Phuntsholing took about 4 hours.
The entire budget of my Bhutan trip was close to INR 25k. You can carry cash everywhere in Indian currency in Bhutan as it is accepted. Some things about Paro below:
1. The place where I stayed at in Paro is called Ama’s Village Lodge. You can book the place here –
2. The cost of entry to Taktsang Goempa is INR 500 and a round trip with any driver will cost INR 1000 from your lodge
3. You can contact Mr. Yonten Norbu for driving you around Bhutan if you are visiting. His number is +975 17672515 , my experience with him was extremely nice. He was a perfect gentleman who ensured my safety and also made sure my experience in Bhutan was memorable.
4. If you are visiting Bhutan, I would highly advice you to get a local sim for contacting tour agencies or driver. A local sim will be available for INR 200 at Phuntsholing.
5. Other places that you can visit in Paro are – Paro Dzong and you can get a Hot Stone bath which is very popular in the area
Let me know in comments if you have any more questions.
Follow me on Social Media –
▶ Check out my gear on Kit:
Music – Available on Epidemic Sound
Sign up here –